Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Count my blessings

Keeping a good attitude when I take a nose dive into horrid eating after 2pm today was difficult.

However, I was happy. Happy I am in a warm house.

Happy my little boys are not sick and healthy.

Happy my lovely hubby will be home in a few days .

Happy I got a tempo run in-even though all I wanted to do was sew and read.

Happy to be exactly where I have always wanted to be in my life: sharing my life with the love of my life and have the opportunity to stay home with my boys.

Happy I am here in the mornings to make sure they are properly dressed and fed-along with hugs and kisses. The boys have time every morning to play too. Somedays it's a short Pokemon battle or just slowly waking up with a TV show.

I miss them when by Wednesday, so I often show up to their school frequently just to help or observe them. I like being able to give them a hug or just wait for them to find out I'm there and that smile they give me is priceless. I want to know who they are playing with, where they sit in class (Koo always keeps me aprise of any seat changes and who he sits by).

The best part is when I watch them get off the bus and they come in to a warm, safe home with the smell of food ready for them to just decompress and play. I don't make my boys do any homework (if there is any) the first hour home...I think it's so important for them to play. No standing in line, no sitting and getting assignments done. Just play.

I remember growing up and coming home from school and always having to remember to bring my house key or my siblings and I would sit outside until 5pm when my mom would come home (this is before cell phones y'all). I would remember making sure my sisters and brother had something to eat and start on their homework before my parents came home. I had to help make dinner and clean and help my siblings get ready for school the next day-that means checking/helping them with homework, having clean clothes, and making lunch. After this was done (usually after 8pm) can I start on my homework. I was an A student all through school. I had a lot of responsibilities as a kid and while my boys have chores and are expected to help out-I also want them to be a kid. I'm here. They don't have to worry about being locked out of the house or being scare as it got darker and darker without a parent in the house.

I love them with all my heart. I know I'm not special but my boys make me feel like I'm a great person.

I will forever be grateful for being able to be mom. Count my blessings, I don't take it for granted. Ever.

No comments: