Friday, January 21, 2011

Sneaky Smoothie

My oldest child S.E. has been picky about eating vegetables. So blasphemous. I don't understand it. I love vegetables. The only reason I'm not a vegetarian is because I love eating meat just as much. So, this is what I've been doing every other day so he doesn't come down with some condition I'm not sure I recall at this time or any other. I'm just worried he won't get his good nutrients from vegetables. Fruit-he's good with.

Sneaky Smoothie

1 cup Organic spinach
1/2 cup Greek or Nancy's plain yogurt
1/2 cup OJ or Apple juice (whatever I've got on hand)
1 cup frozen strawberries, blueberries, or raspberries
1/2 banana (or whatever fruit you've got laying around i.e. oranges, kiwi, cantaloupe)
1/2 cup crushed ice

Throw it in the blender and let it do its' mushy magic. Put in an opaque cup and straw and there you go. He doesn't even suspect. I even add flaxseed from time to time but he gets suspicious about the seeds that didn't get pulverized. This recipe is very flexible.

No comments: