Saturday, January 22, 2011

Mom's quilt


I made this quilt for my mom. I started this quilt in November and I am finally done with it. I have been wanting to do a family tree quilt of some sort for a very long time but not sure how to do this. I found this tree design from another blogger's website and I copied it to make this quilt. Six trees are embroidered with names of my family on the quilt. I am happy to have it finished. The center tree has my parents' names on the trunk and five branches for my siblings and I (there's five of us). Then, there's five trees surrounding it with each of my siblings and their kids' names. The quilt looks bumpy because instead of using cotton for the backing, I use fleece for the softness and warmth.

1 comment:

H Love said...

Dude...you are so talented! What a gift! Seriously are you for hire! I love this!