Friday, November 4, 2011

What to do in case of fire?

Today was S.E.'s cub scout meeting. They learned about fire safety and what to do in case of a fire. They crawled, they climbed, and were quizzed on how to get out of your house.

I guess I take it for granted that a fire can happen to anyone. At dinner tonight, S.E. explained what to if you are in your room when I fire is on the other side of your room-"you open the window, kick the screen door, and climb out...oh yeah, before you kick the screen out, put on socks...but if you don't want to put on socks you don't have to".

S.E. loves being a part of a club. I think it's good for all to join something and while he's been in swimming lessons, soccer, AWANA, and various parks and rec programs...he LOVES cub scout.

I think I've found something noncompetitive, independent but still being part of a team activity that fits a thoughtful boy like my S.E.

No comments: