Sunday, November 13, 2011

Oooohhh laaa laaa lemony cake

I'm sure everyone has this recipe but in case you missed the boat like myself until about 8 years ago, I'll share.

I love lemon flavored sweets. Pass on the chocolate, I'll take the lemon bar, lemon cake, lemon drop, lemonade, lemon, lemon, lemon...okay you get it.

How I got this recipe was walking down the baking isle and overheading a lady tell her daughter how she makes this lemon-jello cake. Of course being the nosy Nelly, I stopped and listened. Then I asked a few pertinent questions and I gathered the ingredients and you bet I made this cake.that.very.same.night.

I made this cake this weekend for friends coming in to town for an overnight visit. Here it is without pictures-but you are getting used to taking my word for it right? (Sorry the cake was eaten before the battery on the camera could fully charge).

Lemony cake

1 yellow cake box (made up and baked up according to package directions for 9 x 13" pan)
1 small package lemon flavored jello gelatin (make according to package but DO NOT REFRIGERATE)
1 small package instant lemon flavored pudding mix
1 cup milk
8 oz container cool whip (slightly thawed)

Make the cake. Cool the cake to room temperature. Pour the jello liquid all over the cake. Refrigerate for 2 hours. Mix pudding mix with milk for 2 minutes. Fold in cool whip and spread over cake. Refrigerate.

If you have time, make it the day before-the lemon jello soaks in the cake and makes it super moist. It's one of my favorite things. Have a good week all.

No comments: