Monday, May 4, 2009

12K

My workout partner and I ran our first 12K this weekend. Here's what I know:


  • I didn't collapse running the longest distance in my life

  • How much faster I ran (finished 1 hour 28 minutes)

  • How many young kids participated (I hope my boys will want to do this in the future)

  • How many people wore bad/wrong shoes for running

  • How many people stopped for an ice cream bar in the middle of the run?!

  • How much my arms hurt (now I know why distance runners have such nice arms)

  • How quickly I said "Now we train for a half-marathon"

I couldn't have done this race without the support of my lovely husband. He made it possible for me to train by looking after our children and for working so hard so I could get the help in achieving this feat. This run was huge for me because I am afraid of large crowds being so short and how out-of-shape I was...

Last but not least, I couldn't do this without God. Thank you God for looking out for me.

No comments: