- I didn't collapse running the longest distance in my life
- How much faster I ran (finished 1 hour 28 minutes)
- How many young kids participated (I hope my boys will want to do this in the future)
- How many people wore bad/wrong shoes for running
- How many people stopped for an ice cream bar in the middle of the run?!
- How much my arms hurt (now I know why distance runners have such nice arms)
- How quickly I said "Now we train for a half-marathon"
I couldn't have done this race without the support of my lovely husband. He made it possible for me to train by looking after our children and for working so hard so I could get the help in achieving this feat. This run was huge for me because I am afraid of large crowds being so short and how out-of-shape I was...
Last but not least, I couldn't do this without God. Thank you God for looking out for me.