Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Happy Birthday to S.E.


On the heels of Mother's Day, my firstborn S.E. turned five today. He looks so big and small at the same time. I am so grateful to the powers that be for allowing me to be his mommy. I love him to bits. Things about S.E. the 5 year-old:



  • loves playing with Transformers, Power Rangers

  • learned to answer the phone today to talk to family and friends wishing him a happy birthday

  • hates shirts with tags attached in the back

  • LOVES ketchup on everything

  • can't bribe with sweets

  • compassionate and thoughtful to others

  • king of run-on sentences that make NO sense together (example: "Mom I run faster because I'm five now and it makes me run faster to wear these shoes")

  • great tree climber (but very cautious)

  • saves his Preschool snack cookie wrapped in a napkin to share with is brother

I love you baby boy and I will forever look at May 13th as the day you defined me by giving my life a purpose.

No comments: