Thursday, May 28, 2009

Baby's Got Back!

I've heard many times that I needed to switch up my exercise routine in order to avoid "muscle fatigue" or whatever where your body gets used to a certain exercise so you don't get the same effect as when you first started doing it. I really enjoy running. Now instead of running 3 miles, I run 4.5 to 5 miles and sprint here and there. Well yesterday I challenged myself to try the spinning bike for longer than 10 minutes. I dislike biking but I hate the elliptical machine more.

So, off I went spinning my little heart out for 30 minutes and I stood up the entire time except for three 10 second breaks. Can you say sore buns? Painfully sore. I am envisioning my buns looking like Beyonce or J.Lo after this workout. I looked in the mirror...nope. Just pain. Can't even laugh about it b/c it hurts too much. I even downloaded Sir-Mix-Alot's "Baby's got Back" for motivation on my MP-3 player. I'm definitely going to spin once or twice a week to rest my knees and perhaps burn a few more calories.

P.S. I weighed in at 129.2 last night.

No comments: