Friday, February 11, 2011


I rescued another sewing machine. It was staring at me for one month at my local thrift store. I waited one month hoping someone would appreciate this machine and buy it. One month. Today, I went in and there it was-still there. $15. How could I not buy it?
This one is a Singer 301 (late 1950's). What I love about this sewing machine is every part I cleaned and oiled was MADE IN THE U.S.A. After getting all the dust, greased it, threaded and adjusted it...it still works. Really well. I love the hum of the machine when it runs. They don't make 'em like this anymore.

I LOVE it. Simple. Well-made. Adn after 50 years. I still get excited when I buy a sewing machine and get it working. At this time, I have ten sewing machines. Yes, ten. Yes, I do use them. My husband thinks I need an intervention but I'm not greedy. I don't intend to keep all of them. So far, I have rescued and given four machines permanent homes.
Really, I am just fostering them in the hopes that these machines will find a permanent home.

No comments: