Sunday, March 4, 2012

Trip Around the World Quilt



I made this yesterday morning. Cut, sewed, and binded in about five hours. Not a difficult quilt. I do not do any fancy quilting. I basically stitch-in-the-ditch around the border. This is for my friend Ro's baby on the way. I'm so excited for her. I still have to get burp cloths, bibs, and pillow done.
Back to the quilt, it's a really easy pattern from the "Quilt in a Day" by Eleanor Burns series. This is my fourth I've ever made so it definitely gets easier. I like square designs. I don't sweat being perfect, in fact I ran out of green fabric so I had to sub in a different green. I'm a huge believer in getting done, not being perfect.
I really hope her baby will enjoy laying on it, drooling on it, or the ultimate, if it becomes his favorite stinky blankies. My boys still drag along their stinkies (why stinky? Because it's a sad day when they actually let you wash it and by then it's been two weeks overdue-eeewwwhh).

No comments: