Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Simply Fudgy Brownies


This recipe rocks!!! According to my boys. They loved it. I haven't tried it because 1) I break out if I eat chocolate 2) I gain weight just smelling it...
Now here's why I heart this recipe, it doesn't require 2 sticks of butter. There's a lot of brownie recipes out there but I don't make it much because it takes a ton of butter.
But, it's really easy. So easy, Koo put most of this together (I still do the eggs because I figured most folks don't like shells in their brownies). 'Nough said. Here's the recipe:
Simply Fudgy Brownies (adapted from Cooking Cooking Book 2003...yes, same book I got for $0.50).
1/4 baking cocoa
1/2 cup oil (we used canola)
2 eggs
1 cup sugar (but we used 3/4 cup)
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional)
ground nuts (optional)
or whatever topping you like (we put a little sprinkle of toffee bits in this batch)
In a small bowl: baking cocoa & oil. Mix well.
In a big bowl: whisk eggs. Add sugar, vanilla, flour, salt, and the above cocoa/oil mixture. Mix it all together until fully blended.
Now is the time to fold in your bling. I didn't. Pour into 8" x 8" greased baking pan. (We sprinkle minichips and toffee bits on top).
Bake at 325F for 27-32 minutes depending on if you like it gooey or crunchy. We took it out right at 30 minutes.

No comments: