Monday, May 2, 2011

My lovely and I were in bed and we were dying laughing so hard over a story he recalled with the boys.

My lovely husband just sold his 1970 Ford Torino convertible. While he was getting it ready for the new owner to have it picked up and towed six hours away, the boys were "helping" him.

They were enchanted with the hand-cranked window roller-up-thingy. They had never seen one and were amazed that you can turn it and the windows go up and down.

They asked if they could do this over and over. Wow, how far we've come. In fact, I don't think they've ever been in a car with manual transmission.

As he is restoring a 1967 Camero, he told me he's going to keep the manual transmission so we would have a vehicle with manual transmission to teach the boys later on. I remember it was a must to learn to drive stick if we wanted to drive a vehicle growing up. We had a rusty old Toyota truck that I learned to drive stick on and taught my younger siblings to drive.

When did I get so old? Are there things that don't seem so antiquated to you but are almost obsoleted to your kids?

No comments: