Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The Good, the Bad, the Ugly

I have reported on a lot of happy topics this year: my kids, husband, favorite things, weight, etc. but I toss over how much of my life should be blogged about and decided I couldn't just report on the good.

This past month has been tough for me, my grandma died at the age of 94. She was a wonderful lady who was very kind and gentle to all her grandkids and anyone she came in contact with. She LOVED family and she was always at every family function (quite a feat considering she never drove). She kept a lovely vegetable garden and would pickle whatever was left from harvesting to make it last all year. She was small but she left such a huge impact on all of us. I miss her and am glad she is no longer in pain. The past two years she's been in a nursing home and not in good health. She died on March 17th in her sleep. I was thankful to get to visit her and to say good-bye slowly. The greatest lesson I've learned from her is make people important-forget the stuff-just be there for others.

Now, with great heartbreak, we learned that a friend of ours who was battling cancer this past year died on Friday by his own hands. I am so sad to lose him. He was a very independent man and although I've been told why he would come to this decision, it doesn't make the hurt and pain I feel over his death any easier to take. I grieve for him and his family.

No comments: