Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Tator Tot Casserole



Oh yes I did. And I love it. Promise, you'll love it too. My high-fluent friends from the Seattle area would be shocked and appalled that I would have a recipe posted using cream of mushroom. Really. Who does not like cream of mushroom? Doesn't cream of mushroom make everything go down easier? I certainly do and so do my men.



1 lb. lean ground beef

1/2 cup chopped onion

1/2 tsp seasoned salt or just salt

1 can cream of mushroom

1/2 cup milk

1/2 cup frozen peas (optional)

1/2 cup frozen corn (optional)

1/2 bag of frozen tator tot in any shape

1 cup shredded cheddar cheese


Saute beef and onion until meat is browned. Season it with salt and add cream of mushroom and milk. Turn off heat. Stir this mixture until it's fully mixed. Add your veggies if you'd like.


Grease a 11 x 7 " baking pan. Pour the mixture into baking pan and cover with frozen tator tots. Sprinkle the cheese on top and bake it for 30-35 minutes at 350F.



No comments: