Sunday, August 19, 2012

French Toast Bake

I found a really good recipe for overnight french toast.  I usually am not organized enough at night to prepare anything at night to be cooked the following day, but I love this recipe.

I made this while we were on vacation with the lovely's family because we had two loaves of white bread left by mid-week and I knew we were not going to go through these in three days.

Great way to wow your family on vacay folks. 

Of course I must give credit...http://sheldonrachel.blogspot.com/2009/03/french-toast-bake.html.

But in case you don't want to click on this gal's blog, here's the recipe:

French Toast Bake
1/2 cup melted butter (1 stick)
1 cup brown sugar
1 loaf Texas toast
4 eggs
1 1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
Powdered sugar for sprinkling

Directions
1. Melt butter in microwave & add brown sugar....stir till mixed.
2. Pour butter/sugar mix into bottom of 9 x 13 pan....spread around
3. Beat eggs, milk, & vanilla
4. Lay single layer of Texas Toast in pan
5. Spoon 1/2 of egg mixture on bread layer
6. Add 2nd layer of Texas Toast
7. Spoon on remaining egg mixture
8. Cover & chill in fridge overnight
9. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes (covered for the first 30 minutes)
10. Sprinkle with powdered sugar
11. Serve with warm maple syrup (I don't do the syrup part)

No comments: