Friday, September 23, 2011

Updates and Ramblings

S.E. the big first grader is transitioning from half-day to full-day is going so-so. He told me last night he misses his brother. Besides not seeing him for part of the day, we moved S.E. into the den so he has a separate room. (I just have curtains and bedskirt to finish before I post pics). He is playing soccer and in Cub Scout and although he is grumpy at first, once he's on the field, he enjoys it. I think it's because he doesn't have much downtime after coming home from school. We miss him a lot at lunch.

As for the Koo. He is loving Kindergarten. He loves playing with brother and others at recess. He loves life. When he comes home from school, he still hugs us in front of the bus and once lunch is done...he's off to play. He's been really good at playing by myself. And he's so animated on the soccer field. I can hear him joking and just going for the gusto with getting to the ball. He's such a joy because he tries so hard.

Lastly, lovely husband has given up coffee. It's been almost a month and I'm not sure what he's trying to avoid about coffee because after lunch, he has a Coke Zero which has caffiene in it. This morning he asked me to make him so decaf coffee. Fine. Okay. Whatever there. Besides this, he's been very helpful with the home refreshing. He's helped paint, put up pictures, change out lighting (yay!!), and move a lot of furniture around.

And for me, I'm still trying to race against I don't know what/who to try to be there for my kids and stay involved in their lives. I still read a lot. I'm reading about three books/week. Right now, I'm trying to read all of Jude Deveraux's books. I'm still going to get treatment for my skin and resisting the urge to mop my floors more than once/week (the kids have been learning to pour milk by themselves).

What have you been up to? I hope you are where you want to be.

No comments: