Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Potty at the pool

The boys have been in swimming lessons for a year now and they are doing so well. They can both swim by themselves for about 6 strokes before panic sets in and they stop and reach for the teacher. Very proud.

So here's how yesterday's lesson:

Koo: "Mommy, I have to go potty."
Me: "Okay, let's go buddy. (As he is doing his business) Koo, you're not drinking the water again right?"
Koo: "Actually Mom, I am because I sink when I swim."
Me: "Ewwhh Koo, try not to do it again okay?"
Koo: "Okay mom."

Done.
Yeah right. 10 minutes later, he comes out of the water again. BIG SIGH from me.
Koo: "Mom, I have to go potty again."
So off we go to the potty. Glad we talked buddy. BTW, this class is only 30 minutes long. That's lot of chlorinated-to-mask-all-the-pee-happening in there water. On an up note, he used to go potty six times in 30 minutes when we first started swimming lessons.

No comments: