Monday, December 14, 2009

Gingerbread Houses Part Deux







It's another year and I once again volunteer for punishment in the form of 22 Gingerbread houses for S.E. and Koo's Christmas school party. I must have been tired or ditzy when I was cutting out the model because the houses didn't come together as nicely as last year. Oh well. It's done and I enjoyed doing making the houses this year so much more because my back and knees did not hurt from long hours of standing to cut, bake, and form these minature delights. Last year, being 30 lbs. heavier really made this task painful. I'm so grateful I reclaimed my body.
I remember as a kid seeing gingerbread houses and wishing I lived in a house made of candy. I'm so happy to be able to do this for my boys. They have it so much better than I did as a kid. I hope I am able to leave some things left to be desired for them so they can continue to make the lives of their children better. I've been asked "Why?!!". I made the houses because last year I did it last year for S.E.'s class and I can't not do it for the Koo's this year.
My lovely husband knew me so well. When I am elbow-deep in a project, I forget to take pictures. So thank you hubby for taking the pictures so I can post them. Now the houses are ready for more frosting and candy...lots and lots of candy.

If you want to make gingerbread houses-check out the original post in Dec. 2008.



No comments: