Wednesday, February 18, 2009

"It's Time for real Change"

I will be the first to admit I'm not a political guru and try to steer away from politics. However, I am a very proud American citizen not by birth but by choice. I love this country. I would rather live here than anywhere else in the world. I love that my parents and I worked hard, really hard, and now they live the American dream-not P. Diddy's kind but one where they own their own home, don't go hungry, and can enjoy the rewards of their hardwork. It's a simple formula for success in America: work hard, save money, and spend wisely.

So, frankly I am very mad at how what is happening at this time. Barack Obama just came into office and when he was campaigning, he would spout lines like "vote for a change you can believe in", "vote for real change", and "voting for McCain is voting for MORE OF THE SAME (in reference to G.W. Bush". I am not a fan of Mr. Bush, but I digress. So what does Mr. Obama do in his first two months in office?! Sign a stimulus package of $787 BILLION dollars. Isn't this more of the same?! Didn't Bush just pass one a few months ago? What's going on?! I can't believe it's more of the same!!!

So the new American dream is spend as much as you like on credit, buy your own piece of your dream house, don't practice your business ethicially, and we will come in to bail you out of your mistakes. Of course I'm exaggerating but remember I'm mad?

What's done is done and I suppose I'll get over this but I really hope that a lot of this money will go to truly deserving people who either had hardships brought on by health or loss of job get a help in getting back on their feet.

As for me, I'll continue to find ways to clip coupons, shop sales, and find all the ways I can to save my family money so that I won't be a burden to the country I love.

No comments: