Monday, December 8, 2008

Breaking up is hard to do...

Anyone who knows me knows I don't do well with changes. I have kept the same basic routine since I was in elementary school. One of my routine is very common-wake up in the morning and make coffee. When I moved out of my parents home to attend college, I purchased a Mr. Coffee coffeemaker. It's been over 13 years and I'm still making coffee the same way. I just like coffee-no fancy cover-up-my-coffee Starbucks drinks with sizes I still don't understand or ordered in correct Starbucks lingo-otherwise face embarrassing yourself in front of the cashier(oops...barista) as she tries to decipher what you want. Just coffee. I love my coffee. One perfect cup in the morning and if I am able to drink my coffee and it's still HOT 'til the last drop-I'm having a good day-no great...that means I wasn't multi-tasking trying to get my family ready for the day.

My husband never drank coffee before we had our our second child. Now that he drinks coffee on a daily basis (really a hard-core coffee drinker, frequenting Starbucks weekly in addition to making gourmet coffee drinks at home). From time to time, my lovely husband would suggest we chuck my oldie but goodie standard coffee maker for one that has all the bells and whistles(i.e. grinds the beans and time delay which can make the coffee while you are getting ready in the morning). What?! Get rid of an appliance that does exactly what it is suppose to do?! That's just crazy talk. No way we are getting rid of old trusty. Well, I've been able to fend him off the subject until this past Thanksgiving when safety concern developed with old trusty. The plastic handle started to separate from the glass container...

Needless to say, I chucked my oldie but goodie in the garbage and have been sad over the loss of my awesome coffeemaker. i loved that coffeemaker. So many memories were made while drinking coffee made from old trusty. I hate changes.

So, with a fresh, hot cup of coffee brewed from my new fancy coffeemaker, I wonder if anyone else feels this way about stuff.

No comments: