Sunday, May 6, 2012

It's no secret I love yard sales.  Yesterday was another crisp, cold and bright day to go look for treasures. 

The lovely and I were talking about getting a small portable grill to take camping-you know for burgers, chicken, and all.  We have a large one at home and wanted one for the travel trailer.  It was a nice to have not have to have.

We looked around and finally decided on getting one of those small one you put on top of a picnic table around $30 dollars.  I really wanted one of those Coleman two-burner grill on a stand but it was $189!! Jimmey Cricket!!

While at our second yard sale, there was a big luggage-looking bag with a pink price tag of $75 for a BBQ grill inside. 

The lovely hubby asked to look inside and look what was inside!!! It was dirty but not caked on.  I just looked like it wasn't cleaned after the last cookout. 

She then told me her bottom price was $50.  Lovely and I took it home and spent 20 minutes cleaning (me) with baking soda, vinegar, and soap while lovely tightened and checked all the fittings.  What do you think?!

I'm so excited because the piece de resistance is he found an adaptor hose to make it hook up to our big tank of propane so we don't have to use the little bottles!!!


What have you found at a yard sale you're still high-fiving yourself for?

No comments: