Friday, September 25, 2009

Taste of Home

I love the magazine Taste of Home. It has the most wonderful stories of regular people sharing and enjoying their experiences with cooking. No gourmet, hoity-toity flair in this magazine-just yummy recipes that are usually right on the money. Here's a recipe I made this morning for the boys and they LOVED it. Best of all, once I typed it into the Weight Watchers recipe builder, two pancakes were only 2 points (my regular pancake recipe is 3 points /pancake)!!!! I haven't had pancakes in a long time but now that I've got this recipe-I will be sure to put it into the rotation.

Applesauce Oatmeal Pancakes (Taste of Home April/May 1994)
1 cup quick-cooking oats
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup all purpose flour
1 TBSP baking powder
1 cup skim milk
2 TBSP applesauce
4 egg whites

Combine dry ingredients in a bowl. Add wet ingredients and mix. Let sit about 2 minutes. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfulls onto a heated griddle coated with nonstick cooking spray. Flip after about 1 1/2 minutes. Serve warm with syrup and leftover applesauce. 2 pancakes / serving

No comments: