Friday, July 19, 2013

Still running 60 minutes with no pain!!! I am so happy I can jump on the treadmill and do another 60 minutes. Ooooh, now that's an idea...

Maybe I will. It's just been a painful 1 1/2 year battle.  Here's what I think I would tell someone.

Go to a chiropractor in addition to physical therapy.  I have jumped full-board on the Chiropractor bandwagon and I want a lifetime membership.

Here's why.

When you go just to physical therapy, the therapist gives you exercises to manage your injury...alas hopefully strengthen the muscles/tissues around it to help relieve the injury.

However, if your (say for my instance) your feet are not aligned correctly with your knees and hips, your body won't function correctly even with the strengthened muscles because it's not in the correct position.

Once I started going to get my hips, knees, back, and feet aligned...still painful but six months later, I am running without pain.

You can't just go once and think it'll work. I went once/every other week and little by little, it's been getting better.

Truthfully, there was a period where I thought, nope. Nothing's going to get rid of this plantar fasciitis pain. But then it just sort of happened.

Two weeks and going. Like I said so happy I can eat brussel sprouts (eewww!) with a smile on my face.

Have you ever been to a chiropractor and if so how was your experience?

No comments: