Wednesday, July 17, 2013

I've been in a funk.

I've been disconnected to my body and therefore have not been paying a lot attention to it.  I've been up to as high as 143 lbs. (yikes!!) but have not been motivated to do anything about it.

With continued plantar fasciitis  pain in my left heel, any running or cardio work has been torture. Pure torture afterwards for days until I go to my chiropractor and he manipulates it enough to reset it.  While worthwhile, I've been supplementing it with Tylenol and Advil (not good).

I have been tired of my body failing me...my skin even though it's not as bad as previous years, has been trying to break out because of the changing seasons (blossoming trees and flowers!!!).

Then something curious happened last Thursday. I ran on the treadmill for 60 minutes at 4.0 rpm and did not hobble!!! I tried it again on Friday-no excruciating pain!!! I've been able to walk after my runs and not rely on ice, heat, pain meds, or chiropractor.

I think this is looking up for me. I'm so excited. I would say the one most important thing is chiropractor. He would re-align my stomach, back, knees, and feet so they work better.

Now to start knocking those lbs. out so I can fit back into a size 8.


No comments: