Sunday, August 7, 2011

I'm not quite certain where to start. Life's been throwing me a curveball and I'm trying to stay in the game.

In the past month, my skin has gone from worse to critical especially about a week or so ago. My skin flared up everywhere especially in my torso area and arms. It started oozing clear liquid and was painful and itchy at the same time. I was on the first week of my two weeks vacation camping with family.

I was so bad, my husband took my home and I went to my doctors. My primary to get steriod creme to help with the skin. Then went to my natural path doctor for acupuncture and laser treatment. She has been amazing. I have been traveling one hour each way since to see her and I am 75% recovered. It's been amazing to see how each day my skin has healed up from the inside out.

As I have been explained: the acupuncture points ran from the top of my head to my feet. Then electrical currents were attached to the needles and it stimulates certain targeted organs like the liver, adrenal glands, allergy points to help heal my skin. And it has been working.

So, here is the "selfish" part. My husband and kids left yesterday to Lake Chelan for one week of camping. They are with family. I am at home by myself so I can recover and continue my treatment.

What else do I have to do? 1) stay out of the sun 2) acupuncture and laser 3) elimination diet to rid the gut of toxic fungal infection that caused my immune system to go haywire and attack my body 4) rest & reduce stress (this one is the hardest learning to stay still and say "No").

My skin is smooth but still blotchy from the flareups. The best part is I have not taken any allergy medication in almost two weeks.

The hardest part is not being with my family. My men are gone and my heart is heavy.

1 comment:

H Love said...

oh sweet friend! so sorry and sad that you are going through this. Can I stop by and love on you this week?