Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Where I'm at...

What does being healthy mean?
This question was posed in a weight loss blog I was reading and I have been thinking about this because I think I've been losing my fight with the scale as of late. So I decided I would ponder about what being healthy means to me because that's why I got my act together almost two years ago to lose 30 lbs.

Since words are failing me at this moment, how about what does healthy look like? To me it looks like someone like Halle Berry. I'm no Halle Berry but I think she's not too thin or too muscular. She has a woman's body and when she bends over, her stomach doesn't have any rolls. There it is. The stomach rolls. I have them even though I weigh 25 lbs less than when I started (I have gained 5 lbs. in the last two months...even with running a marathon). I don't how I feel in clothes so I don't feel healthy. I feel like I'm a copycat. a fraud. I'm still in my fat state of mind.

Back to the question. Being healthy to me means not being out of breath due to physical exertion. Being healthy to me means not overeating. Being healthy to me means no Jelly Belly belly. Being healthy is doing the work to maintain a healthy lifestyle (exercise, rest, eat clean and lean). Right now, I barely push myself during my workouts, eat unhealthy foods everyday, and eat too much. I can't seem to stop myself. I need to respect myself enough to not eat garbage. I'm having myself a huge pity-party.

So, how do I get myself back on track? Keep working out even if I don't feel like it. Drink water. Stop eating before my stomach hurts. And give myself a break.

No comments: