Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Update

Where have I been? Why haven't I blogged? I've been dealing with treatment for my health and trying to keep my family healthy and happy that I've not been able to sit down to figure out what would help me serve my family, friends, and me better.

Here's the lowdown of the summer: lots of visiting family, my maternal grandmother passing's, two weddings, 20-year high school reunion, and most recent, my lovely husband's paternal grandfather is very, very ill.

Now here's the part that I'm most baffled by-I have not been inspired to run for hours. I don't know if it's because my good-for-my-skin diet has totally wiped out all the foods I love or I'm just not in a good groove. Add to that, my feet have been hurting-a lot so when I run, I've been overcompensating and so my knees have started to hurt. I'm trying not to panic as I write this.

The break I've given myself and believe me it took a lot of thinking, I will only run in the half-marathon instead of a full marathon. I'm just not ready and mentally and physically, I'm not as fit as I was in the spring. I don't know why I've lost my way...but I'm just going to run for running sake instead of trying to meet miles and time. I want to enjoy running again. I want to still run a full marathon...just not next month.

No comments: