Monday, October 27, 2014

Cost of Freedom

I am very annoyed. Why?

Well, there's this virus called EBOLA that has been killing a lot of people in Africa.

And it's making it way to my beloved USA because selfish people who come back from this region do carry it back here.

So, the one person who came down with it and came back here has DIED!!! And caregivers like nurses and anyone else nearby have contracted it and/or quarantined to prevent the spread.

Sounds reasonable because people DIE from this virus.

So why would a nurse who came back from treating those with it in Africa and asked to be quarantined for 21 days is now PERUSING LEGAL ACTIONS BECAUSE SHE WAS IN ISOLATION FOR 21 DAYS!!!! That her freedom was infringed upon? Let's see, 21 days of NOT TORTURE BUT ISOLATION...small price to pay for making sure you don't bring back Ebola and be responsible for spreading and KILLING anyone.

It's okay to help infected people in Africa but not do what you can to help ensure it doesn't spread in your own country? I am tired of misguided do-gooders who are selective about the people the are willing to hurt while trying to HELP.

I would stay in for a year if it meant making sure I would not kill an innocent bystander.

Not what you want to hear when you finally get around to reading my blog but I needed to vent this morning.


No comments: