Wednesday, February 15, 2012

While out to dinner last night at the boys favorite restaurant called "My Favorite Chinese" (that's what they think the restaurant is called), our favorite waitress asked where my love was and I explained he was on a business trip.

I had ordered an extra plate of the boys' favorite dish so they would have something to eat today. Once I explained I cook lunch and dinner for my family mainly because my love isn't thrilled with leftovers, the waitress being Chinese told me how proud she was of me to still take good care of my husband.

In our culture, we spoil the men is what she said. Others may take offense to this comment but not me. I've grown up seeing my mom, grandmothers, and aunts buzz around their men while they sat and visited. The men worked. They provided security and love. In return, the women took care of children and housework.

Here's the bottom line, I am not in competition with my husband. I am his helper, his friend, his lover, and his cheering squad. If there's something I can do to make my husband's life easier, I do it. I don't think twice about it. I think with the message of Valentine all about the stuff and what-cha-goin'-do-for-me, I think showing you care for the person you promised to God to love and cherish is all-year round. Plus, he gave two of our greatest treasures-our boys.

How do you show your loves you cherish them?

No comments: