Friday, December 31, 2010

Reflections of 2010...

What a year. I say what a great year for our health!!!

1. I am 90% "cured" of my skin condition by ditching my dermatologists who just threw their hands in the air in "we don't know what else to do" and shot me with Cortisone. As a general rule, don't let doctors shoot cortisone in you. Really, it's like taking duct tape and fixing a leaking faucet. I was grateful to hear about a Natural path. doctor whom changed my diet, eliminated the tons of yeast growth in my gut, added vitamins and minerals which helped my restart my immune system, which ultimately healed my skin. Healing from the inside out. I have my life back.

2. The boys were not sick during this past year. Maybe one cold each. That's a lot considering they have gone "Public" as in public school. My kids never have had an ear infection, continual flu, or cold that seem to afflict a lot of young kids. People would tell me, "oh, they'll get it when they go to public school". Well. So far so good. Let's roll this into 2011. They are so impressed with themselves that they can make it across the monkey bars at the park, ran a 5K with me, and just play by themselves without me directing and participating in every event. I will be forever in debt to God for letting me have these two boys.

3. My lovely. He has had a chronic sinus infection for over a year. He has seen an ENT, had catscans, sleep study, been on the heavyweights of antibiotics. NOTHING HELPED. Then he went to my "witch doctor" as he calls my Natural path. doctor. His treatment started six months ago and now he is back to his pre-sinus self. I have my husband back. He went from popping Exedrin and allergy medicine every 6 hours to relieve the symptoms to nothing!!! One year ago, he would only have enough energy to make it to work and home. Then sat on the couch until he went to bed because his head hurt so badly. We are all thankful for lovely's return to the Saturday morning dancing, Logger Larry, and just fun guy again.

4. Marathon. Done.

5. 20 year high school reunion. I looked great, in fact better than I did in high school. The girls I grew up with were all there and we had a ball talking about our kids and husbands. All of the girls either stayed home with their kids or their husbands stayed home. How cool is that?

6. Finding vintage Fiestaware at a garage sale that I was going to pass up. Finding an ice cream maker with two extra bowls for $3. Highlight of my yard sale '10.

7. My lovely's sister got married. She has been dating the same guy for eight years and finally they got married. It was a big and wonderful wedding.

8. My grandma passed on in June. She was a hoot and I think...no I'm sure I get my big mouth from her. I miss her. I am thankful to know her. I hope she's finally getting to do all the things she was too fearful to do here on earth. She was 92 years old.

9. Got to intern with my mom for one week. She is awesome. So talented. She is an extraordinary semstress and she specializes in drapes, upholstery, and clothes. She is an artist. I got to spend a week with her and it was too short. I wished I could have been a better daughter to learn from her before now.

No comments: