Saturday, January 18, 2014

S.E.'s first run

S.E. ran his first two miles!!! He did it without stopping. Kept very good pace with me. The only time he stopped was to admire the view from a hilltop.

I've been running for awhile now and I don't think I've ever stopped in a middle of a run to admire the view. Thank goodness for my kid reminding me to stop and smell the roses. This is such a big moment for me because I have dreamed of being able to run with my kids. Koo does not have the patience yet for pacing. He is all fire or all burn out. He will sprint and then come to a a dead stop...heaving. And the cycle goes on.

I am happy for my son. He is such a better kid than I ever was. He is strong, kind, willing, and best of all, he has grit.

And the picture is brought to you by Mr. Koo (photography is his passion...Asian side spilling out).


Before we took off:

And we are off:

After 2 miles:

No comments: