Monday, January 27, 2014

New Year, new throw pillows

Since most of our household has been sick for the past three weeks, I'm just about done with laundry, kleenex, waking up to coughing, icky tummies, vomiting, correct medicine dosage and time and just not being able to get stuff done.

Well, it looks like we've turned the corner and just in time because I went ahead and made new throw pillows. I'm certain it's not been good for my family to lay against throw pillows that had seen too much germies roaming my house.

I get to a point where I can't even stand to throw them in the wash and call it a day.  Tired of all this cold/flu business.





Here's the interesting part. How did I make such custom, fluffy throw pillow that didn't break the bank?

1) I purchased home decorating fabric from Joann on sale 1/2 off for $4.99/yard. But wait!! I had a coupon for an additional 25% off sale and regular-priced fabric so I ended up only spending $15 dollars for all three designs.

2.) I made my own pillow form. Yup. I bought these full-size pillows from Walmart ($2.50 each). I ended up using five of them ~$14.00 total. I made nine throw pillows total!!!

How did I do this? Well, I marked the final size of the pillow and I cut the pillow down to size. Pulled out the extra stuffing and sewed it shut. Fluffy, clean, and inexpensive. If I wanted to get the fluffy pillow form at Joann...it would have been $7.99 (on sale!) each.




No comments: