Friday, July 30, 2010

Ba Ngoai

My maternal grandmother died on Monday and I have mixed feelings about this. I love and miss her and will always be grateful for having her in my life. She was in her nineties and have not been in her "right" mind the past few years.

She was one of my favorite in my heart. She was a very brave woman. She never learned how read or write but she was a very hard worker and did what she had to in order to raise her eight children. Back in the day when women didn't strike out on their own and were dependent on my grandfather, she did the best she could. I am so grateful to be where I am and not forget that learning to read and write is a privilege because of her. She would tell me stories of her life and regrets when I was around twelve so I didn't get a chance to ask her questions that linger now.

I miss her but what's hard is to see my mom miss her mommy.

No comments: